Thursday, May 12, 2016

Greetings from the Provo MTC!

I've only been here little under a week and I have fallen in LOVE with this place!! I'm so excited that I get to spend 3 weeks here instead of the expected 12 days. That's what it was that Kylie and Michael got here in the MTC, but they changed it in March and I'm so glad they did!! I love it here, even though it is really easy to get cabin fever in your little classroom. Because you are in there all. day.
When I first got here we went right into classes and preparation. they gathered all the newbs up and as a group, we taught 3 different investigators. Holy crap did I just feel so inadequate.
My companion is absolutely amazing!!!!! Her name is Sister Bair, so our couple name is the Brown Bair :)  She is just more evidence that God knows me so well and that he is in every little part of my life. She is everything I would ever need, and I didn't even realize that I needed what she gives me! But she is the BIGGEST example to me. I've never had someone that I look up to sooo much. She is the type of missionary I want to be. Confident, obedient, beautiful, speaks her mind, organized, on time, and just so spiritual and amazing. I love her to pieces, and we have already gone through so much together. But I'm serious. She is exactly what I needed here at the MTC and I think the only person who could handle every side of me. She is so patient and just amazing!!!
My district consists of another Sister companionship, Sister Sessions  and Sister Hudson.  We 4 share a room and they are all wonderful and so fun :) We also have 3 other Elder Companionships, and they are super great. We spend class together aaaalllll day, so we see a lot of each other.
Speaking of class, I have learned soooo much!!!! It is crazy that I can retain any of it, but somehow I am really learning. It's hard, to be a missionary I guess, but I know it will be so worth it. My branch President here says to remember not to worry the fun out of your mission :)
On Friday Sister Bair woke up feeling really sick, so while she slept till 9, I got a chance to just stay in the room and study what I wanted. It was really nice! I need that kind of time again. Everything here is so scheduled!! Even our P-day is scheduled! well this is free time and Laundry, but 12:30 we get to go to the temple and I'm super excited to go with my District :)
Oh and here at the MTC they have a choir that practives twice each week, and I really wanted to do it, but Sister Bair wasn't that interested. But lucky for her, our Branch president basically requires it so I get to go without me feeling like I'm the one dragging Sister Bair around :)
On Sunday Sister Bair and I got called to be Sister Training Leaders for our Zone! It's a lot of responsibility because now I have to worry about all the sisters instead of just myself, but it will be really good for me. Saturday night we watched a talk given by Elder Bednar at the MTC called "Character of Christ" and it seriously was the best thing ever. The most notes I have taken from a talk ever. He really talked about tuning outward instead of inward and not being selfish. Yes the one convert I should come home with having is me, but I'm not trying to do that. This mission has nothing to do with me and everything to do with My father in Heaven. So being an STL will help me turn to help others instead of being concerned about myself!
Really, the MTC is just a place to tear you down and let you realize that you know and can do absolutely nothing. Because you have to rely on the Lord for everything and you can't do anything without his help, because this is his work, not mine.
I have to keep glancing at my name tag because I still cannot believe that I'm a missionary.
Man I really need to write down bullet point or something, because I forget what I want to say and now I'm about out of time! Oh well I have 18 months to perfect this whole emailing thing.
Please send me snail mail! I know it's a little old school, but I can spend more time reading and replying on pdays to your letters rather than emails.
Lots of love!!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment