Friday, May 20, 2016

2 down, 1 to go!!!

Hi Everyone,
The MTC is fabulous. I love both my teachers, my district, and especially my companion. It's just been so great! Wednesday we welcomed our new district in our Zone and watched all the newbies walk around with their little dork dots on their tags. Oh the memories of when I was them haha. just one week ago lol. Thursday and Friday Sister Bair was really sick. So on Thursday I stayed in the room with her all day and I got to study the whole time (yes! we don't have much time to do personal study here in the MTC, so I was grateful for that time) And then Friday She stayed in sick bay all day and I was companions with the other sisters in our district.
Sundays are great because it is still so spiritual, but it is spiritual and you learn a lot without sitting in a classroom all day. Our Branch president was released, so we had the President of the MTC there in Sacrament meeting and everything! It was kinda a big deal. And the way that talks work in the MTC is that everyone write a talk on a given topic, and then you will find out if you are giving it when it is announced as part of the agenda at the pulpit! I wrote a fantastic talk I thought, so I was sorta sad when they didn't call my name haha
Also, our branch requires us to go to choir, which is great because I don't think that Sister Bair would go with me if it wasn't :) So I get to participate in the wonderful MTC choir and get to sing in Tuesday Devotionals, when you never know who's speaking and it is usually a general authority! Last week we got to hear form Sister Linda K. Burton, General Relief Society President and her Husband. So cool!
I can't get pictures to send quite yet, but when I figure out how to send them, I will be sending a whole bunch because I have made lot's of memories here :)
Oh and fun fact, missionaries here play Four square and it's basically the best ever. I've gotten really good at it and it gets really intense with some of the Elders most of the time! I look forward to an hour of it every day for exercise time :)
Well, one more week to go and then I am off to Vegas! Don't know if I'm ready or not, but here I go!\
Love you all.
Sister Brown
P.S. Don't hesitate to email me or write me just because you don't think I'll have time to read it, because I want nothing more than to hear from you! I love getting snail mail in general, and emails from people I don't expect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment