Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A New Adventure

Hi Everyone,
Same ol same ol here. Nothing really different, besides the fact that I have a new companion. Sister Campos! She's from the Philippians and only has 2 transfers left on her mission! She is great and I already know that God put us together for a reason.

This week, we had a Zone meeting and we made some goals. We are going to work hard and have each companionship baptize in this transfer and also have a lesson with a member present every single day. It'll be hard, but so doable. But it has rekindled a fire inside of me and I am
so ready to go out there and work and be the best missionary I can be. I know that as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to and trying my best, Sister Campos and I will be able to make those goals happen for us :)

So have I told you about the Gibson family? Well they are a great family that Sister Southam and Sister Jones tracted into and were so happy and willing to take the discussions! They also, however, are meeting with missionaries from another religion as well. But they are so wonderful! We started teaching them the lesson of the Plan of Salvation on Wednesday and they had soooooo many questions! They were so eager to learn and understand. So there's the dad, Jason, his girlfriend, Traci, and Jason's kids, Zachary and Elizabeth, who are 12 and 10. We are hoping to commit them to baptism this week because they seem so eager and ready! It's exciting, because this is the first family I've really taught and it's awesome to watch them grow and just want to learn more.

And I've to,d you about Mitzi, right? Less active, and we go over and do service for her and help her clean. Well I have grown to love her and her son, mason, so much! We go over and now not only cleaning, but we also share a spiritual thought with her and she absolutely loves it. She even had us over to dinner one night! I just LOVE seeing people progress and open up. She rarely lets people in her home, but now she's getting better, and she's started to let her visiting teachers and home teachers come visit her. It's hard for her to get to church, but every week she tries super hard.

I am so excited to start off a new companionship! I know that Sister Campos is amazing and we are going to work so well together in this area. I'm learning to love the people in this area and I hope I know them enough to share what I know to Sister Campos. But here we go! Off to begin a new adventure together :)

Sister Brown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment