Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Happy 4th!

Today marks 2 months on my mission! It's crazy to think that now instead of 18 months, it's already down to 16. So weird. But today also marks 6 weeks in Vegas which means I've lived though my first
transfer! Both Sister Jones and I are staying of course, because I would die if Sister Jones left me. She has taught me so much and I rely on her so much that I would not survive without her. And to know
that her trainer started training her after 6 weeks! I would not be able to do that. But anyway, she's stuck with me for another 6 weeks at least :)

Last week for p-day we went ice skating! It was super fun and nice to get out of the heat that just seems to keep getting hotter and hotter. So Ice Skating felt super nice and cool coming in from the burning sun haha

 This week was a little frustrating because most of our...sorry... ALL of our appointments canceled on us. We rescheduled most, but then they all canceled again. So we found ourselves tracting a lot more than we wanted to and in parks a lot trying to talk to people. So Thursday, at the end of the week, we were walking around a park, really frustrated that another appointment was canceled and we had had absolutely no lessons this week. Not one. So we started to evaluate what we were doing wrong. We could improve a lot to let us become better tools in the hands of The Lord. So we were walking in silence and I remembered what someone said. "If an appointment cancels, it's because the Lord needs you somewhere else." So I pondered on that and wondered where he wanted us. Well we were at the park! So by gosh we were going to find why we were at the park. The next person we saw was an old man walking his dog and we approached him. As soon as he said hello I knew he would talk to us. So we just started chatting and talking about his dog and him and his beliefs. He mentioned that he has read books from all other faiths and believes that they are all good. We explained that all religion has a little good in it and then I started telling him about Christ's earthy ministry and the apostasy! I told him that when Christ died, people still wanted the truth. They loved Christ's teachings! So people held on to the truths that they loved so much, but they eventually got twisted and turned into different sects because they didn't have the fullness of the truth and the priesthood, or power of God, was lost off the Earth when people killed Christ's apostles. We left it at that, committed him to read the restoration pamphlet, and left him with a prayer. He wouldn't give us any contact info because he was going out of town for a while, but he would be happy to read the pamphlet. So we didn't get a new investigator, but that was a lesson! Even though our appointments got canceled and we only finished the week with 3 lessons, two of which were with the same less active and one with that man, Gary, I learned a valuable lesson. ALL of my time is precious. My time is the Lord's time, and he will
not waste it if I give it all to him. 

So I'm doing great here in Vegas. I hope you all have a great Independence Day and have fun with your friends and family this summer and that you are staying cooler that me :)

Love you!
Sister Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment