Wednesday, June 29, 2016

The Lord's Errand

Hello all!
Not much has happened around here besides the fact that it just keeps getting hotter and hotter. And hotter. And more hot. That's literally all that the members ask us, if we're surviving the heat. And surviving is the answer. Surviving, but just that and nothing else. It's hot.

So you remember Junior that we had a baptism for a couple of weeks ago? Well his family is just awesome. He's the second child to get baptized, and we were working on teaching a third. His name is Jai and he's 9 years old and is the most polite kid I've ever met! Super awesome. But before we started teaching him, his dad, Jay, told us that he didn't think baptism would happen for him, but we started anyways. We teach him and he loves learning! He understands everything we've taught him, is anxious to learn more, and absolutely loves primary and reading his scriptures! But for some reason, whenever we invite him to be baptized he says no. So sadly, we've had to drop him. We can't keep teaching him if he doesn't want to get baptized, but he'll continue to go to primary and church with his family. Super sad, but hopefully he'll want to get baptized eventually because he'll learn how important it is. We had to drop a lot of investigators this week for that reason and others. It's sad when you do it, but I guess you just trust that God will help them and that you can now use your time in a better way finding and teaching people who want to learn and who will benefit from us teaching them.

For service this week, Sister Jones and I got to go to Goodwill and help straighten up the clothes and things. It was fun! And we also answer any questions people had of why we were there and stuff. And we also keep going to this a woman's home and help her clean her house which is nice to. We get to share a spiritual thought with her every time before we leave and she went to church last week! Hopefully we'll eventually help her see that no excuse is worth missing the sacrament on Sunday :)

Story time! Once upon a hot Las Vegas time, Sister Jones and I decided to brave the heat and go tracting. We were walking and knocking and sweating and we had made the decision to stop at a certain point on the street to go back and get some water. Well we reached that certain point, and we thought about going back. But Sister Jones and I both thought about it and decided that there wouldn't be any harm in us finishing the street and that we would survive for a little longer. Well the next house we knocked, a man named Luis answered. As soon as he opened the door he was like "oh you guys haven't come by in awhile!" He has met with missionaries before and then he went on
vacation for a while and then never saw them again. We brought a member with us a couple days later and talked with him and he said that he loved talking abut God with anyone, but the trouble was
finding the people to talk to! We were like "We'll talk with you about God Luis!!!" inside :) just imagine if we stopped and turned back! We wouldn't have found Luis, our newest investigator! That is just a testimony to me that I am on the Lord's time and these are His children out there waiting to hear the gospel. I shouldn't be the one to decide when to quit, because while I quit, that is less time I have to find those people that need this church. So if I have already committed to sacrifice these next 18 months to the Lord and to do His will, then why should that ever change? It would be a waste if I used this time for myself or did it all using my strength. I am on the Lord's errand and will utilize my time to best fit the needs of His children!

Well I love you all! Thanks for taking the time to read my shpeals and caring about me enough to check up on me :) I hope everyone is doing great and I would love to hear your stories! Member Missionary stories and just stories about how your life is going :)
Hope all is well!

Sister Brown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment