Thursday, June 23, 2016

Girls camp, members, exchanges, oh my!

What a great week!
The biggest thing was that I was privileged to go to Girls Camp for a day! We woke up super early and arrived at mount Charleston at 6:30. It was so strange to be cold! But it was super chilly up there and in the morning and at night I wore both a jacket and a sweatshirt. But man was it so great! Sister Jones and I did the hike with the first years and had a lot of fun. Then it was basically free time all day and I spent the day with the 4th years. It was weird being away from sister jones, but it was approved! I played card games with them, braided hair, made bracelets, talked with the girls, and it was just so much fun! At night after dinner it was the spiritual section and Sister Jones and I along with one other set of sisters did a 6 minute rotation spiritual thought thing about missionary work for 8 different groups. When the groups were all done, it was dark and there were lights going up a steep hill in a line, leading to the top. We all climbed it and grabbed hold of a rope, the "iron rod", up to the top where there was a tree decorated like the tree of life and hot chocolate waiting, because it was freezing. It was such a cool experience! It was also a reminder that the iron rod, the word of God,
isn't just there to guide us along. Sometimes you need it to help you get there because grasping onto it is the only thing keeping you from falling. It was so great and I love girls camp!

Something I learned this week: members are great. Especially when you are tracting in the heat of the day and didn't bring a water bottle and really need to use the restroom. You can just stop by a member who lives in the neighborhood! So, please be nice and let the missionaries in, and we're sorry if it's inconvenient, but you are just so nice! So if you be a member or nonmember, just let us in!! We are eternally grateful to you if you do :)

Also, I went on my first exchange this week, which means for 24 hours I was with a different companion other than my own. Her name is Sister Baxter, and she's one of my STL's, a sister training leader. I was honestly super scared and didn't want to leave sister Jones, but it turned out super great and I learned a lot! It also was super awesome because I met a family that my brother knew while he was here! God is in every part of our lives and he knows exactly what we need at exactly the right moment. He is in the details of our lives!

I love you all!!
Sister Brown :)




No comments:

Post a Comment