Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Short but sweet :)

Man is it getting HOT. Counting my blessings for the car and air conditioning everywhere. But it's really sad that I'm already thankful for when it's 90. Because that's when it feels good. That's just sad.

But this week overall was super great! Lots of great experiences and times where the spirit was super present. Especially at Zone Conference this week! 3 zones gathered together to hear council from
President and Sister Ahlander, the AP's, and some of the senior couples who work in the office. It was super great! It all was surrounded by a talk called "Stay By the Tree" by an Elder Pearson of
the 70. It was all about Lehi's dream of the tree of life and enduring to the end and everything that surrounds the Iron Rod and what they stand for. One thing that I really loved was when the Assistants the the President, AP's, did their little training about attitude. That Laman and Lemuel are so  negative and murmuring. They saw Angels! They saw miracles! But they chose to murmur and complain. We can do the same thing. And if we choose to do that, we will just be a burden and
hinderance to your companion. So help make it easier! Choose to be happy! I liked it a lot, and we can use that in our everyday lives. Satan is miserable, and misery loves company. And he will discourage you and show you that you have nothing to be happy about, but you can choose to ignore him and keep pressing forward. You can choose to see Gods hand in your life, because it is there every second of everyday. You just have to choose to recognize the positive! You should all watch the video "Hope of God's Light" It's my favorite

We've been doing new member lessons with Junior and have started the lesson to his younger brother who is 9, Jai. This family is so great and so smart and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for them in the future! 

So, it seems really weird to end this so short, because I'm used to writing a book every time, but I guess that's it! Not too exciting, but just the feeling that this was a great week. I guess that's the saying "They might forget what you say, but you will never forget how you feel." That's me right now! I kinda have forgotten what made it so good, but I know it was a great week and I can't wait to start another one :) I love hearing from you! Shout out to my cousins Brianna and Macy for painting me beautiful pictures and to Grandma, Fran, and Jerry for writing me and sending me a big envelope of letters. I loved it! And I'm pretty sure the mail is just slow here I guess, because I just got it. But I really appreciated it and love the love! The pictures are hanging over my bed :)

I love you and miss you all!
Love
Sister Brown :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your mission is going well. That's awesome! Keep up the great work Jessica! (I mean Sister Brown)

    ReplyDelete