Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Thank goodness it's cooling down...

Because this week Sister Campos and I are on bikes!! It's actually super fun and I enjoy it :) it has cooled down a little, I have survived my first summer, and now I get to enjoy it by being outside
all the time! It's really a blessing though.

So this week has been exciting! We had zone conference on Wednesday and it was so great. We focused on serving selflessly and what to do if things don't go as you expect. Sister Campos gave her departing testimony and it was so sad! I love her so much and I can see that the mission has affected her so much. It just makes me so greatful that I have 15 months left! I will definitely use those 15 months to the best of my ability and make sure I use them in a way that I will have no regrets about the way I spent my mission :) I already have grown so much and learned so much! I feel so blessed that I still have 15 months left of helping people come closer to Christ, 15 months of seeing how God loves everyone of his children and sends them miracles, 15 months of the best experiences I will ever have. I'm so blessed!

So at Zone conference, they check all the cars. How they're working, how clean they are, and so forth. Well the Senior Elder in charge of vehicles, Elder Logan, asked us to take our car to the Chevrolet dealership the next day, not knowing at all what was wrong with it... So we did and they said we'd have it back later that day. Well we called them that night and they said it wouldn't be ready till the next day, and then Elder Logan took it and told us we wouldn't get it back until the end of next week. So, fun! The first couple of days we walked around everywhere and tracted a lot, and now we have bikes!

We have seen so many miracles since being on bikes, it is absolutely incredible! The first miracle was the miracle of planning. So last week in planning, for this Friday we had put down a specific street to
tract instead of just "Tracting." So when we got dropped off in our area to tract, we asked to be dropped off where the street was that we had planned. No big deal. Almost everyone opened their doors, but no one really interested. The big miracle comes in when we were done tracting that street and decided to tract a street in the same neighborhood and a member lived on that street. So we stopped by for some water. Well, just before we stopped by, we got the phone call telling us we wouldn't have a car for a while. So we got water from the member and made some phone calls to try and get some bikes and then the member spoke up and she volunteered hers! She had two girls
that have bikes and they were perfect. Sister Campos is short, and one of them was made perfect for her! It just so happened that they had two girl bikes that were perfect for us and they are letting us
borrow. We could have been anywhere that day. But because that street was on our planner for that day, we were able to be right by a member who had just what we needed, before we even knew what we needed. God knew we needed bikes, and I know we were inspired to put that certain road down when we were planning a full week before that event even occurred!! God is so awesome.

So yeah. Miracles. And we've been able to talk to a whole lot more people brocade we're on bikes. I love it! I love being a missionary! I love seeing the miracles that God places in my life and the lives of others! I will never get tired of this!

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful Labor Day :)

Sister Brown :)




No comments:

Post a Comment