Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Transfers

Well I hardly have any time at all today, because its transfer day! Sadly, I have to say good bye to Sister Campos tonight and I don't think I'm quite ready to do that. She has been such a tender mercy in
my life and I don't want her to leave me! But she has served a wonderful 18 month mission in Vegas and was a wonderful servant of the Lord in all she did, so I know she will continue to be amazing back home in the Philippines. But man I will miss her so much.

The Lord has entrusted me with something that humbles me very much. I have been called be a trainer. Today we picked up a sister that flew from the MTC just early this morning. Her name is Sister LeDoux. (Ley-doo) her
name is French, but she grew up on Utah and lived a couple years in Virginia before she came out. She's 21 and I already can tell that she's an amazing missionary! She's beautiful and outgoing and so ready to be a missionary. I am sure she will teach me so much and I can't wait to see what! I am so humbled at this assignment and I know I will have to completely rely on the Lord to help Sister LeDoux become the missionary that the Lord wants her to be. But I am so thrilled that I get to stay in my area!! My greenie area is wonderful and there are so many wonderful people and I can't wait to see what the Lord wants Sister LeDoux and I to complete in this amazing area!

This week was great. On Tuesday we had the restoration lesson with Vanessa and she accepted the baptism date for October 29th!! She believes in Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and can not wait to get baptized, so we can not wait to continue to teach her! This is the same women as the one we helped get school supplies to and also help tutor her first grader. She finally asked us what we could do for her after we helped her so much, so we asked if we could teach her and now she's getting baptized! We're super excited.

On Friday I was privileged to attend the temple with Sister Campos for her departing temple trip! Because she's the only sister going home, I was lucky and got to go with her so she wouldn't be alone. It was such a wonderful experience and I am SO happy President asked me to join them!

Ok I have to give a shout out, because I love this girl so much, and I don't have time to write a personal email. THANK YOU SO MUCH LEXEY!!!!! She sent me a birthday package full of WONDERFUL goodies and love and I cried because I miss you so much. Lexey you're amazing. I'll write you next week :)

On Saturday Tamir and Kade came to a baptism!! They missed the actual ordinance, but they stayed for the talks and the convert's testimonies and then we showed them the font afterwords and they met President
Walker and he talked to them :) it was super great!

Saturday night the Women's conference was WONDERFUL! I loved President Uchtdorf's talk on faith and having faith in Gods love. Because if you know that God loves you, you know that anything and everything that
happens to you, good or bad, is because God loves you and it's happening for a reason.

I love you all, and I hope you have a great week! I'm sorry I didn't get to write any of you, but I'll definitely have more time next week and I can tell you all about the wonderful Sister LeDoux!

Sister Brown :)

Birthday Surprises never get old!  : )


Las Vegas temple with the lovely Sis. Campos


No comments:

Post a Comment