Monday, October 3, 2016

Conference

So we had an exciting week! I'm getting to know Sister LeDoux better every day and she is absolutely a fantastic missionary! She is so ready to work and love the people of Las Vegas and I feel humbled to know that God has trusted me to help her become the missionary that He wants her to be. But honestly, I'm just struggling trying to be a missionary like her right now! She's really amazing and is training me how to be a better missionary. I feel so privileged to be able to work with her and to get to know her more!

This week was really great on Monday after picking up Sister LeDoux, Sister Campos was allowed to join us for her last lesson of her mission and we went to the Cohen's, Tamir and Kade's house, and watched Meet the Mormons! Claudia, Tamir and Kade's mom. had her boyfriend. Maceo, over and we really brought it to watch it with him :) but I had never seen if before, so it was really neat! If you haven't seen Meet the Mormons, go watch it. It's really cool and shows inspiring stories of regular people who have been successful in their lives, and just happen to be Mormon as well :) It was a wonderful lesson and I think they all enjoyed it! then I had to say good bye to Sister Campos and that was really hard for me. She was an amazing missionary and I have been so sincerely blessed and loved to have her in my life and I am grateful that I had the opportunity to serve with her. Saying goodbye was hard, but hopefully she'll follow my advice and transfer to Idaho because it is the best school, and that way we can see each other again! ;)

The rest of the week we had some orientation and training meetings to attend so those were fun, and it made me grateful to be a trainer so I can learn everything over again :) 

Ok well funny story! So on Friday we went and did some moving and cleaning service for the relief society president, but then we had to leave because we had a training meeting to go to. But we just brought clothes to change into and stuff so we drove to the church and then when we pulled into the parking lot, all of the other missionaries who were going to the training were all just standing out there! So we really didn't want to awkwardly be the only ones not in missionary clothes and walk up to the church, so we put our Grand Caravan to use! we drove to the other side of the building, hopped out of the front seat, and just changed in our very spacious van. It worked great! haha so you might not have thought that was funny, but we had a good laugh about it and were proud of ourselves for finding a solution to not walking up to missionaries awkwardly in jeans and a t shirt haha :)

Also, that night was the Peccole Ranch Ward Talent show and Youth camp fundraiser! It was really awesome to go to a ward activity and see the weird talents of ward members that you didn't know had talents and now we look at them in a new light haha :) but it was really great! and someone invited their non member friend, so it was nice to talk with her and see how she was enjoying it. 

Conference this weekend was so wonderful!!! I realized that I really need to work on having a positive attitude through my trials and not to be disappointed in myself when I don't do everything right the first, second, or even third time. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said something that really touched my heart, and it was something along the lines of : "Yes, there will be sorrow, regrets, and anger that will cause us to miss opportunities, but in the end we will be astonished by the love that God has for us." He loves you no matter what. He understands that you will make mistakes, and actually he expects us to. Also, throughout the entire conference, I think the most quoted scripture was Alma 7:11-13. This scripture is one of my absolute favorites because it explains sand illustrates how much God loves us that he gave his only son, Jesus Christ, and what the atonement was and what it does for us now. Linda S. Reeves of the Relief Society explained that the greatest miracle wasn't the parting of the red sea or the raising of the dead, but the greatest miracle is the fact that Jesus Christ made it possible to be cleansed of all our sins and to be able to return to God again. THAT was and still is today the greatest miracle. I am so happy that Jesus atoned for my sins and gave me the chance to repent, because he KNOWS I am not perfect and that I will make mistakes that will prevent me from returning to my Heavenly Father. I love conference and I love hearing what our leaders today have been inspired by God to speak to us about, and I am so privileged to have the opportunity to hear it here in Las Vegas and in homes on Investigators and members! If you didn't get a chance to see it, please go to LDS.org and watch What our inspired leaders have to say about our day. Their words are truly scripture :)

I hope you all had a great week and I hope you have an even better one this week! 

I love you all!

Sister Brown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment