Tuesday, June 6, 2017

"Why isn't everyone Mormon?"

Hey everyone!

So, first I must apologize for my letter last week. I wrote a subject with very clear intentions that I would write something about it later, but then I got so distracted and just ended my email with no actual explanation about the subject... so that was a little odd haha. But before I explain last weeks subject and this weeks, I have
transfer news!!

I have been transferred from the Mountain's Edge and Cactus Wards (:( so sad) but I am now serving in the Red Rock YSA Ward and the Palo Verda Ward! I am super excited for this change, even though I'm really
sad I had to leave Sister Nelson and the Mountain's Edge and Cactus wards. I have always wanted to serve in a YSA Ward and now I get to serve in one of the best ones!! Super pumped, because I have heard so
much about it :) Also, my new companion in Sister Stroud from Louisiana and she has been out for 8 months and I am super excited to begin this new journey in this new area with her!!!

Ok, so this week was great overall. We were able to do some service and other things, but also say good bye and spend some last precious moments with the ones I have grown to love so much in this area. We started out with doing a new member referral technique! Sister Nelson and I made cookies and brought two plate two a member's house. we showed a video and talked about how it is normal to share with others what you love, and said how we loved these cookies so much and wanted to share them with their family! After they enjoyed them, we asked them if they could think of a neighbor or friend who would also like some cookies, and encouraged them to share the cookies with them and also share their testimony. We were able to do it with a quite of few members this week and they all went so well! So, next time you bake cookies, back some extra for a neighbor :)

On Tuesday we went over for an FHE with Rocio and Isabel!! It was so wonderful and Isabel taught it and everything and the spirit was so strong! She talked about repentance and we played a game with the
family. I felt so privileged to be a part of that spirit filled, fun night :) We also went by again last night for another FHE and to say good bye. I love Isabel and Rosio and was so sad to say goodbye tothem! Isabel cried when we had to leave, but I am so grateful the opportunity I had to tech her and her mom and to be there for her. I sure will miss them!!

Earlier on Tuesday we met with Amelia! She is absolutely amazing, as I have said before :) And she started out by telling us how she has been having such a great week and how she has felt the spirit all the time.
Then she said, "I got thinking, and now everywhere I look, all I can think of is 'why isn't everyone a Mormon?' It just makes sense, right?" And I was like, "yes!! Now you know how us missionaries feel!!!" She has such a strong testimony and she is seeing how much the gospel has blessed her life and how it makes sense. And now all
she can wonder, is why doesn't everyone realize that?! She has tasted the "cookie" and is wondering why not everyone is flocking to the church if all it beings is good. That's why missionaries exist! Because not everyone knows of the blessings that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings, and I have the opportunity now to help others come closer to Christ and see that the Gospel is what will fill the hole inside them that they don't realize they have!! That sounds a little weird, but does that make sense? :P kinda haha But on Friday Amelia brought a friend to our discussion to help her see why she loves this gospel so much and it was so great! Then Saturday she had her baptism interview and of course passed with flying colors! Even though I am leaving, I am so excited to go back for her baptism this Saturday. I love her so much and I am so excited for her!!

So, now to explain my subject last week... I have been thinking a lot about the Sacrament and its importance in my life. the sacrament is what we get to partake of every week at church that renews our covenants we made with God at our baptism. Those promises were that we would keep God's commandments, take upon the name of Jesus Christ, and always remember Him. When I got to thinking and evaluating about myself and if I have been living up to my covenants the way I should be, I thought about what it meant to take upon the name of Christ. It means that every action I do, I would do it knowing that I am a representative of Jesus Christ and he would be doing the same thing if he was here. I am guilty, that I have not always done things that
Christ would do. I tried to think of a way that I would always remember Him and try to act like Him the best I could, and I thought of the Song "If the Savior Stood Beside Me." If we lived every second as if Jesus Christ was with us at every moment, would we do the things we normally would do? Are we living a way that Jesus Himself would live? Are we doing our best to live up to our baptismal covenants in the best way we can?

Well, I love you all, and hope you have a fantastic week!! Enjoy these
pictures of Sister Nelson's and I's last week together :)

Sister Brown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment