Monday, December 12, 2016

Happiness is...Being Charitable

Hello All!

Transfers were today instead of next week, so that's fun. I think it's because of Christmas and stuff. Well, Sister Lemon and I are staying together! So that's super great :) but remember those sisters who moved in last week? Well one of them got transferred out (into my old area. Lucky duck) and sister LeDoux is here now! So now we live together, but I'm still companions with sister Lemmon. So that's fun. 

On Monday night, we were able to meet with the Percell family, the family we are teaching in the Samoan Ward. We shared the Christmas video with them and they all loved it! They came to the Ward Christmas party on Friday and Church on Sunday!! We've also heard from the Ward that the kids (10,8,&7) have been participating in weekly activities with the Ward! We are meeting with them again this week and are going to commit them to baptism. We are super excited for them!

On Tuesday we were able to get in touch with a potential investigator because she was in her garage at the time we came, and it has truly strengthened my testimony on the importance of planning and sticking to your plan. I know that God helped us come in contact with her :)

We've also finally met with Ella, a golden investigator that went MIA for about 6 weeks. We gave her the Book of Mormon lesson and she said that she wants to get baptized!! She doesn't want to set a date until she comes to church, but sadly she wasn't at church yesterday:/ But we know that she wants to and we are meeting with her again this week, so hopefully we'll find out how we can help her keep her commitments. 

Friday night we had the Christmas party for the Samoan Ward!! Man, do they know how to party! And eat! We some gooooood food, and soooooo much of it! I could hardly eat all of it. Well, I couldn't. But it was so great! It was so much fun, and it was just that much better because our investigators were there :) 

Okay, one more short cool experience :) we've been going through our area Book and trying to visit the less actives, or just people we don't know. We stopped by this one house, but realized that they were not the members who we were looking for. But they were happy to hear the Christmas message we said we had to share and we set an appointment to go back this week :) 

In my studies this week I have been studying Charity. I have memorized Moroni 7:45-47 and recite it in my head every time I feel angry or judgmental. Man it sure makes me be angry less often, because I don't want to have to recite it haha just kidding, but it still is really nice. It reminds me of who I am and who I am trying to be like and how I can do that. 

This week, spend one day being consciously aware of your attitude, and try not to be negative or gossipy or irritated. And if you get that way, think of 3 positive things of the thing you just got irritated or mad at. It will change your perspective on everything! And make life a lot more happy :) do that, and write me your experiencesM I would love to hear :)

Have a great week being happy!!

Sister Brown :)

image2.JPG
I didn't try to turn the photo first.  Isn't it cute though?

No comments:

Post a Comment