Monday, December 5, 2016

Winter in Vegas

Hey y'all!

It's getting colder here in Vegas and I never thought I would need a jacket in Vegas, but I can't believe it's actually getting cold here. You never know!
Well this week in Vegas has been sort of chaotic. Sister Lemmon hasn't been feeling so well, and we finally think we've figured it out to be a kidney infection. But because if that, we haven't been able to goout that much. But I was able to go out with some other sisters at some points during the week, so I didn't have to stay in the whole week. That was nice. We've been shark the #LIGHTtheWORLD video withpractically everyone we see and it's so great! I think it's genius, because what better way is there to come closer to Christ this Christmas season than by doing the things at Jesus did! It's been sogood :)
Oh and we got roommates! So that's fun. Instead of being in an apartment with just me and sister Lemmon, two new sisters, sisters Fulton and Fitsimmons live with us, so that's exciting. Makes the place a little more alive :)
And I love the Book of Mormon!! I don't know if I've said this before, but I've been studying in 1 Nephi still and going through the prophesies he sees of the future generations. It proves to me that the Book of Mormon was never meant to be separate from the Bible, and it's just the plain and precious truths from the Bible that were lost! Man reading the Book of Mormon, it's just so true!! This gospel is so true and I love that I can be apart of it. I love that I am able to live it and be apart of it and share it. It's true sly the best thing ever!!

Aren't we so lucky hat he have this wonderful Christmas season to celebrate our Savior and Redeemer?! I loved watching the Christmas devotional last night and having the reminder that there wouldn't be a Christmas without an Easter. Because of what Jesus Christ did, because of how he lived, we have a reason to celebrate his birth. Isn't that so wonderful and so amazing?! So this Christmas season, try focusing on the reasons why you are grateful for Christmas. For the temporal things and the spiritual things. Right now, I am so grateful that myfamily gave me something to miss, especially at this Christmas time. I look around and see other's traditions, and am very grateful for what I was able to have and to grow up with. I am so grateful for this wonderful church and for the ability that I have to be out here sharing it. I am grateful for my savior and his atonement and how because of him, I have the chance to be forgiven of my mistakes and weaknesses and start over. What a wonderful opportunity that is :) I love you all! I hope y'all have a wonderful time this Christmas season, spending time with family and jamming out to that Christmas music :) don't miss me too much!

Sister Brown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment