Monday, December 19, 2016

Plan of Salvation Week



Merry Christmas everyone!!

This week has been so good! We had a lesson with Ella about The Plan of Salvation and she loved it! She then asked us if we could meet more an once a week! Uh, yes!!! So we went back later that week and taught her the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She is so wonderful! She... just doesn't go to church... Did I tell you about Ella? Sister Lemmon tracted into her before I came and the. She went missing, but she's back now and we've been teaching her and she wants to be baptized!!

The Percells accepted a baptism date!!! They will be out of town for the next couple of weeks, so they are getting baptized on January 28th. We taught them the Plan of salvation and it was so wonderful!!! They had a child pass away when she was a baby, and the spirit was so strong when we let them know that their family could be together forever. Domanika, the mother, said a kneeling prayer after the lesson and it was so powerful. I am so excited for them!!!

I gave a talk about the Plan of a Salvation in the Samoan Ward. It was great, because I finally got to get up there and say "Brothers and Sisters, Tolofa!" And I got a nice big reply back :) something that I loved about talking about it at church was to look back at experiences in my life with the Plan and share them. There was a time in the MTC where our teacher asked us what the Plan of salvation was, so we drew the diagram and everything that we learned in primary. But our MTC teacher kindly told us we were mistaken and that the diagram that we drew was NOT the plan of salvation. They explained to us something that I will never forget. The Plan of salvation isn't a travel plan. The plan of salvation is the atonement. Because of the atonement, we are saved. That was the plan. That we came to earth to learn, and have a way of returning as better people, because of Christ. I am so grateful for the atonement that makes me a better person!!

This week in my studies I read 1 Nephi 17:2. It's just a simple scripture talking about their travels in the wilderness, but I found something deeper. When you are focused on the blessing in life rather than the trials, you'll see miracles instead of just complaining.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! 

Sister Brown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment